Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Remo Remote will not charge or power on

Here in Kuwait & facing the same problem. Returned the first one back & got a replacement. Same problem. The lithium battery inside it must be dead.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm taking my son skiing for the first time this weekend and I just bought my THIRD GoPro Remo today/ this week and it again doesn't work.  

The first two remos would flash a green light when plugged in but were unresponsive after attempting to charge it via laptop, desktop, Apple phone charger and Android phone charger.  Additionally I tried multiple USB-C cords with no results.  

The third one I bought today flashes a red light but is again unresponsive after charging it for over an hour on my desktop and an hour via my android charger.  

I will not be buying products from GoPro any further.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I've had an email today after recieving my GoPro Remo packaging minus the replacement Remo so I emailed GoPro support to ask if it would be coming in a seperate consignment to which the support representative said the following and I quote:

"Thank you for your email.

I just got an update from the sales team and unfortunately the Remo has been discontinued.

However we will be replacing your Remo with a Smart Remote instead, while the Smart Remote is not an exact match to Remo, it still serves the purpose of controlling the camera from a distance. The Smart Remote also provides some additional benefits:

•              A screen that allows you to see and scroll through the settings of the camera.
                •              Vastly longer range of control compared to Remo (180m distance compared to 10m).
                •              Simultaneous control of multiple cameras

I do apologize for the delay and the inconvenience this has caused, please let me know if you would be happy to receive a Smart Remote instead.

Kind Regards,"

So it looks like they have switched to replacing the Remos with smart remotes until the issue is sorted or simply pulling them from the catalogue for the time being.

Highlighted
Tourist

What a mess. I'm guessing a similar email will be in my inbox shortly. I already have a smart remote. It's not equivalent to the Remo. It's not voice controlled, it's bigger and it's about £20 cheaper.

This doesn't look like a fair solution to me. I understand they can't replace it, but short changing us adds insult to injury.
Highlighted
Tourist

Useful info vash1291. Seems like GoPro have either run out of stock (of further duff units) or finally acknowledged their reputation is in tatters from this non working accessory. I completely understand dampfish's annoyance, but I'd say vash1291's experience is at least a step in the right direction - some form of working remote as opposed to more and more non-working ones. They should indeed compensate for the price difference and sheer runaround with their faulty product. A public acknowledgement of the issue and a "sorry" is also noted by its absence. No public recall of the product yet?

Highlighted
Explorer

[ Edited ]

With B&H listing Remo as a top seller with no negative reviews, Amazon.com has 49 reviews and 8 stating the Remo doesn't work (16%), 3 of 73 on BestBuy.com (04%) and only one reviewer on the GoPro store stating they got a non-charging device, it doesn't seem that this is a universal issue.

For those who are having charging issues it's an issue for sure. Receiving a product with a faulty battery that wont charge is a waste of time and money and I can certainly understand the frustration. However, a little perspective is necessary when discussing public apologies and recalls.

Also, the Smart Remote is $20 MORE expensive than Remo, not cheaper. The Smart Remote has many more functions and has the same waterproofing.  You can connect several cameras at once, you have much further range, and you can change camera settings.  The only feature it doesn't have is voice activation.

Highlighted
Tourist

danielr15, in the UK the smart remote is widely available at £59 whereas the Remo is or was selling through all official channels at £79.

In my case the Remo came in an offer with the Hero 5 black where the offer specifically said 'free Remo worth £80' .

I'm relieved Gopro are honouring the warranty, I just think they are falling short of fair recompense.
Highlighted
Explorer

Hmmm, there are two different Smart Remotes. I wonder if the lower priced Smart Remote you are seeing is the older model.