Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Remo Remote will not charge or power on

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I had a word with someone on their chat line. all in all it must be a batterie problem. I still get nothing out of it. Sadly I will not get a replacement as I bought it back in early 2017, over warranty.

Such a shame that after two years and a small amount of usage it is dead.

I guess they dont make things ike they use too.

I dont have the knowledge but how could one fix this problem with the battery?

Thanks for the reply

Highlighted
Explorer

This company,http://ragecams.com/shop/remo-gopro-hero5-hero6-hero7-fusion-refurbished-p-966.html advertises fixing REMO batteries. The device will no longer be waterproof, but they can get it working. I'm not sure of the price or if it's worth it though. Personally, unless you need the voice activation, the Smart Remote is a much better device. I've had mine for years, along with the original remote I got with my HERO3 Black years ago, and both are still working great.
Highlighted
Tourist

Sadly, I never got this remote to work. not once. I picked up the gopro at Best buy a few years back. When I got it home, it didnt work out of the box, so I took it back a few daysl later. When I got the replacement, it didnt work out of the box, different problem... I felt odd like, really? So I took it back, had to explain myself to 5 different employees to get a replacement. felt really like I had done something wrong. The store manager said, we will open this one RIGHT HERE and make sure it works and you cant return it. So we did, after arguing about sacraficing the option to return it....    When we opened the box with the manager, we turned on the go pro and the Record button wouldnt work... The manager eventually told me to return in an hour and he would go thru every box until he found one that was new and worked. I returned, to get the camera I have now. It hasnt given me a problem since, But, I cant really shop at best buy anymore, as my account was flagged for too many returns, now its a process with the corporate office when I try to retun items. When I got home, I couldnt get the remote to work... Not once. and I said, forget it, I wasnt about to return it. Eventually, I forgot about it. but, NEVER forgot how my life was affected by buying my 4th and last gopro. It took 4 camera returns and 6 cameras to get one that worked. and, my platinum membership at bestbuy, is long gone... With the flag on my account, I rarely even go there anymore.  I write this here because, someone should hear my story, all too often this kind of thing goes unnoticed and big companies lose good customers that just flu under the radar. I was going to buy the gopro drone bundle, but after this, I opted for DJI products instead. Now, everything I own is a different brand, except my go pro, with the broken remote. If anyone is interested, I have a brand new, not working remote. and Ill never feel the same about Best Buy or even electronics in general. Now when I buy, I check to see if it is working in the parking lot before I leave. It makes me feel better about not ever having to go thru this again. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I know how you feel. I had a similar experience. Amazed that GoPro allow this to continue and let people experience such a bad scenario. Once good thing came of your experience - a move to DJI. The footage I have seen from their 4K drones makes the GoPro look like a kids Christmas cracker toy. I will go DJI when I find the time to replace a very sub standard expensive Hero 6....with Smart Remote (as I went through the same experience as you, but luckily within days of buying dud after dud remote...feeling bad having to take back so many failed remotes)

Highlighted
Explorer

Had the DJI Osmo Pocket for a week. Did some comparing against the HERO7 Black. Couldn't get rid of the Osmo Pocket fast enough. Talk about gimiky toy. DJI should stick with drones (although it's a diminishing market and with the drop in sales and internal stealing from customers that DJI has been dealing with, I understand why they want to try and take on GoPro in the action market).
Highlighted
Explorer

As far as refunds and returns, I always purchase from GoPro directly. Customer Service has always been great and even replaced items free of charge when it was my fault that they broke. GoPro had always been not only fair, but more than fair. It's one of the reasons I've stuck with them and participate on this forum.
Highlighted
Tourist

Glad you had a great experience, unfortunately we all dont get that chance. It irritates me to no end. I get jealous when I see what others create with GoPro, and I dont chance it anymore. It would take something drastic for them to win me back as a customer, I still have my hero 4 and 5, carry them daily. But wont spend another dollar on a Gopro product. There are too many competitors out there struggling to make me their customer. Gopro is neat but, reliability is weak, at least from what I have experienced... I'd love to play with some new products, like everyone else. But cant bring myself to buy one.
Highlighted
Tourist

The service person I spoke too was nice but in the end pretty much just said they cant help.

Kinda **bleep** from a large company and from the sounds of it they know there is a problem with their product.

I'm just bumbed because the remo fitted so well on my mountain bike handle bars, controlling it with my thumb was great.

dont know if I will invest in another device that they have just yet..

Might see a battery wizard and see if they can open it up and relpace the battery ..

Will gopro produce / release another remo you think?