Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Remo Remote will not charge or power on

Trouble is the smart remote does not have voice commands which is why I purchased the remo in first place.

Highlighted
Tourist

Agree with you, robindean. I already own Smart remote, but sometimes I dont have 3rd hand to control it.
Remo would be perfect solution, but after two attemps to buy it and many broken devices, just gave up.

Highlighted
Tourist

Here also NOK (Belgium) , tested 2 , 2 different shops.

Different cable , different adapter

Bring them back

Highlighted
Nomad

I bought about 6 Remo's until I found one that worked, if you can get one that works just keep it charged, don't let it go dead and you're good.  I make sure to plug mine in every week to top off the battery and haven't had any issues.  If you get one and have the Red flash its dead, the battery has went dead and will not recharge, it's basically been sitting on the shelf to long, which is a shame this would happen as the Remo is a fantastic remote.

Highlighted
Nomad

if only could find one that worked.

is there any chance of posting a quality photo of back, want to see if possible to open unit

Highlighted
Tourist

Well, it probably would be a great product if it was developed and produced in such a way that the battery wasn’t drained by the electronics inside. This product seems to be a dreadful and faulty produced device and GoPro should stand up to their mistake! I ordered two and both had the same problem. I returned them both and the dealer told me they have had so many customer complaints about this product and that they would stop selling it from now on.
Highlighted
Nomad

I was buying them a little while back when Dicks Sporting Goods was having a sale, they were selling the Remo's for $15 bucks (I think is what I was giving for them.)  I was running all over town buying them, taking them out to the car and testing them and then walking right back in and returning them, LOL

I finally got one from Best Buy that worked and they price matched it, I also bought 2 others from Best Buy that were dead and one from Amazon.  So it's completely random it seems.

Highlighted
Nomad

shame gp did not do a proper recall or fit quality batteries inside.