Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Remo Remote will not charge or power on

Same problem here. I just bought a Remo today (3/12/2018) also brand new from Best Buy and same EXACT problem.  Red light flashes once, and does not charge up at all.  Wish I knew this was a lemon product before I decided to buy it.  Hopefully I can return this and get money back.

Highlighted
Tourist

There is NO FIX for this problem. Don't Waste your time trying to fix it. This is a widespread problem right out of production. Take it back to the store where you bought them and ask for a refund. Show them this thread. Sellers usually are not aware of such problems. If they offer an exchange, open and test the Remo in front of them. There is a BIG chance that the other Remo is defective also because the whole batch are affected.

If your shop refuse to help, your only way is to contact GoPro for a replacement.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Has anyone been able to find a solution for this issue? 

I've tried to charge either with wall charger or computer but have the same issue, my brand new remo doesn't charge or power on.

Highlighted
Nomad

So I just picked up a Remo at Best Buy and they price matched the **bleep**'s sale ($19.99) and this one works. Me and a friend bought 4 Remo's from **bleep**'s and they were all dead. I have one ordered from **bleep**'s online so hopefully it works as well because my buddy still didn't get one that works and we've bought and returned all in town. This one from Best Buy was the last one they had in stock.
Highlighted
Tourist

The fix is to return it to GoPro and see if they'll trade it for a Smart Remote, or return it to your retailer and get your money back.

Highlighted
Nomad

Yep, your 100% correct.  So I ended up getting a Remo from Best Buy and they price matched the **bleep**'s sale price ($19.99) and the one from Best Buy worked!  This was the 4th one I had purchased before finding one that works.  Also Best Buy had the Smart Remotes for $15.99.

Highlighted
Tourist

Same here. Bought it from Surfdome, UK. Try to power it on or charge it with many chargers. Without success.

I read this thread and return it.. Now I am waiting for refound.

Highlighted
Tourist

Same problem here in Czech Republic, I got my Remo free with my hero5 session. It didn´t charge, just a short blink. I returned it to the shop. One day later went for new one - BUT - the shop ordered TWO new ones - both had the same problem. 3 out of 3 are faulty - great score. Waiting for solution, hope that next one will be ok.