Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Remo Remote will not charge or power on

Yesterday I receivid my third remo after the first 2 not working and guess what? This one is again not working. I really wonder if I should still bother getting it exchanged for a fourth time or just give up on the remo completely.

Highlighted
Tourist

If I had the option of a refund I would definitely take it, unfortunately, mine came "free" with a Hero 5 Black which means it has zero refund value.

Given the evidence that even working ones fail after a relatively short period of time, I'd get a refund if you have that option. I am having partial success with a Smart Remote 2.0. It's not voice controlled and it has locked up on 2 of the 3 occasions I've used it, but at least it charges OK. Relatively speaking, that qualifies as "success".

Highlighted
Tourist

You are not out of luck with your "included" Remo.  Here's what I did.

I got my Remo from a store going out of business.  No refunds.  In addition, I wanted the remote to use on my Sessions 5 while it is mounted on the rear of my kayak.  I could not return it.  So I called the support number on this website and told them about my Remo not taking a charge.  I was given an address and an RMA after they confirmed my reciept and the serial number on the Remo.  I think I had to email them a scan or photo of the reciept. 

My guess is the serial number matched a batch of product produced over a year ago.  The battery having then self drained until it was unusable.

They shipped me a working Remo once they received the inoperative Remo from me.  I think they are testing these before sending them out as replacements since they sent only the Remo in a little baggy taped to an invoice.  It wasn't in the box they normally come in.  So, do not send them all the stuff that comes in your Remo box.  Just send them the remote itself.  

I got the replacement Remo today from GoPro and it works as advertised.  I really liked being able to turn on the Sessons even though it was turned off.  It must maintain a link if the remote is on and the Sessions is off.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I´ve got the same mistake with my New Remo. Any solutions?

@Anonymous wrote:

I am having a simular problem I just bought a Remo Voice activated remote today. When I plug it into the charger the red charging light flashes and goes out.  I have had it on a GoPro Supercharger for several hours plugged into a wall outlet using the cable that came with it and the green light has yet to come on.  I had the same problem with my Hero5 Session not charging.

s?

Highlighted
Sightseer

When???
Highlighted
Sightseer

The same than me!!!!
Highlighted
Sightseer

I just want my money back, I think that this gopro product is not a good product!!!

Highlighted
Tourist

As per many other users

Literally opened the box

"Brand new Remo out of the box and facing the same issues as the rest of the users here.

So very disappointed."

One red flash then dead.

And support from GoPro.......dead...nada....nothing.

Time for folk to dump this product and go Sony or for some company that cares at least to answer the support forum.

You go to try and start a CHAT.....oh no...we don't talk to plebs (ordinary customers)...we only talk to those that fell for the gold support deal.....on top of fault product.

I am a new GoPro user and think I may just return the whole lot under warranty and be done with it if GOPro can't be bothered to answer folk on their support forum.