Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Quik Key (Micro-USB) Mobile microSD Card Reader Not working

Hello,
my Quik Key (Micro-USB) Mobile microSD Card Reader is not working.
Is there anything I can do?

Kind regards
Malin Rydqvist
GoPro

Re: Quik Key (Micro-USB) Mobile microSD Card Reader Not working

Hello @flymalin

Were you getting any error message on the GoPro App when you try to use the Quik Key? Do you have the latest version of GoPro App installed on your mobile device? 

Depending on the specific issue that you are experiencing, see if the steps to fix below will help clear the issue: 

Let us know how it goes. Feel free to post back fro any other questions or concerns that you may have. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Sightseer

Hello again,

no I dont get any error message, nothing happens. It used to work before with the Capture app. I dont know if the reson for it not working is because of the update from Capture to Gopro app becase I cant remeber if it ever worked with the new update but I suspect that this is the preoblem.

I do have the latest app update, I even tried to delete the app and reinstall it.

I use an Iphone 6 plus and my SD cars is SanDisk 128 Gb, I also tried with Transcend 128 Gb.

Kind Regards
Malin

GoPro

Hi @flymalin,

Are you using the same SD card before? 

Please let us know. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Sightseer

I dont know to be honest, I have way too many SD cards.
I just tried another one, a SanDisk Extreme 32 Gb and still nothing. I also tried to use my husbands phone (ipone 7) but nothing.

Kind Regards

Malin

GoPro

Thanks @flymalin,

I would suggest to contact our customer support team. 

They might be able to assist. 

You can contact them via phone or chat: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks,

-Jay 

Hiker

The device is ultimately flawed because it has cheap or faulty circuitry or connections.  I have already been through two for the iPhone and it just stops working after a while or normal use.  The phone does not connect or read it.  You can wiggle it around and it connects for a second but it loses it just as fast.  If you hold it a certain way it will also connect but you have to hold it that way forever to get it to stay connected to transport media.