Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Question about Floaty and Shorty compatibility

Will a camera outfitted with both Floaty and Shorty float? Or is the Shorty to heavy for the Floaty? I need the floating aspect of the Floaty, but love the versatility of the Shorty, being a handle and a tripod. I realize that the Handler handle may be better for water use and therefore assuredness of floating, but the Shorty just seems like a better all around option. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Question about Floaty and Shorty compatibility

Hi @sydneyl332,

It should float the Shorty. I am not positive on this one but the Floaty will float the 3-Way grip and camera so I am assuming so.

I would recommend both the Shorty and Handler for your use however. I love the Shorty but  will still use my Handler in Water.

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @sydneyl332,

It should float the Shorty. I am not positive on this one but the Floaty will float the 3-Way grip and camera so I am assuming so.

I would recommend both the Shorty and Handler for your use however. I love the Shorty but  will still use my Handler in Water.

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you very much! I agree that I need both handles, but it's good to know the Floaty should be strong enough to work with either. Thanks!