Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Hiker

Product availability alert ? Hero9 Black Max Lens out of stock...

[ New ]

Hello team, is there a way we could get as a minimum an notification when a product is becoming available again ?

Max Lens is out of stock and the only answer we could get is "check from time to time it may be back" basically...

First I would have prefered to get a realistic expectation about next availability this is supply chain management...you must get visibility from your suppliers about the quantity and the timing of next stock availability...

Second, even if we're not able to get this visibility, why can't we simply order it and get the next available supply ?

Third option, if 1 and 2 can't be done, why can't we at least click somewhere on the product page to get a notification next time the status moves from 'ouf of stock' to 'available' so that I don't have, as a respected client to check every other day if by miracle I could get the honor to buy a product.

This is generating frustration and most probably lost sales for GoPro so totally counter productive seems from my seat...

Any idea on how to improve my customer experience ?

Thanks

Marc from Dad Goes Kitesurfing Youtube Channel

Hiker

Re: Product availability alert ? Hero9 Black Max Lens out of stock...

[ New ]

You check every other day.....I literally check like 5 times a day and still havent scored LOL

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @dadgoeskitesurf @keah1

We have ramped up manufacturing and expect a more robust supply by mid-November.

Until then, we anticipate resupply on a weekly basis in small batches.

Please continue to check our website for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks for heads up.

Still my questions remains : from a business standpoint, I'm convinced you're loosing potential customers by not offering a prebooking capability nor a way to get notified once stock is back.

This is quite annoying for loyal customers to have to check randomly...you could turn this into an opportunity to identify the demand...

Is GoPro considering this feature as a development of the web interface ?

Thanks

Sightseer

[ New ]

So can we expect a email when we can buy the Max lens MOD?  I signed up for email alerts on the Max lens.

I agree dadsgoeskitesurf, , why cant we pre-order?

Hiker

[ New ]

@activegorg0822 oh you were able to subscribe for email alert ? can you share how you did this ? I don't find any button to trigger this action.

Here is what I get in French web site :

screenshot

Thanks

Sightseer

[ New ]

At one point, there was a link to "sign up to be notified by email "when you can buy you Max Lens mod.

I am not holding my breath on getting any notices.  

Hiker

[ New ]

GoPro should just open up this item for purchase and accept the orders with an email that telling people that they will fulfill the order as they come into the warehouse.

It's ridiculous that they have to make customers check the the item for the upmteenth time looking for Stock.

One additional advantage for GoPro is that they will get an accurate estimate of the demand by looking at the outstanding orders and they will be able to more accurately try to hit the numbers in production for this Product.