Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Hiker

Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter

Really disappointed in GoPro. Bought the Hero Black a few weeks ago with the intention of adding a mic (which is really needed for audio). The mic adaptor needed.... has been out of stock for weeks now. No one has it. I called GoPro and was told that they don't even know when it will be back in stock. If I can't run an external mic (as the Hero 7 allows), not sure I want to keep the camera. I have a limited time to return the camera and without knowing if/when GoPro will have the adaptor in, I may need to return the camera for my money back. It is a real shame that a company can't even give some type of time frame on a very popular accessory. 

Is it so popular that they cannot keep it in stock? Did something go wrong with the manufacturing? Is a new design coming out? Knowing _something_ would help. 

https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-3/pro-3.5mm-mic-adapter/AAMIC-001.html

GoPro

Re: Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @toddc858. While we do not have any information yet as to when the stocks will be available again, you should be able to get this accessory at any of GoPro's authorized online / physical retailers.

You can check this link to find authorized GoPro reseller near you: https://gopro.com/store-locator

Hiker

I have already checked all of the retailers in my area as well as all that I would have access to online... trust me... no one has this part. So saying that I can buy it from a local retailer or online, is 100% incorrect. They _only_ way it is available is used on Amazon or new on Ebay, both for $80 - $120+. A $30 mark up above retail is not a valid option. If GoPro can't get the part... why do you think retailers can get it? If they are all out of stock, how long has GoPro not had it in-stock?
GoPro

Hi @toddc858

At this time, there is no information on when the stocks will be replenished. Please continue to check our website for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

Yes... I know that. I'm looking for some information I obviously don't already know.
Tourist

Same problem here. I've been waiting for the adapter to be back in stock for over a month now. Even when trying to order it from Amazon, says that it will be shipped after one or two months, meaning I assume, they don't have it available in stock from whoever the retailer may be. No one seem to have it.

Tourist

Go pro is going to be blasted on social media for this .This is totally unacceptable that you come out with a new camera and even if you have that stupid mic which no one get get now have the time it does not work . You won’t even acknowledge you have a problem with it . You won’t acknowledge if it when it’s available . You don’t acknowledge if your working on something new . So here is what I acknowledge . I acknowledge the fact I go to Best Buy everyday and walk the go pro aisle and tell them great videos but don’t worry about sound because you will have none . I am going to go on every social media site and blast go pro for taking there customers for granted . I suggest everyone do the same . Maybe then go pro will finally here some quality sound
Tourist

and please don’t insult my intelligence with some canned speech about understanding customers frustrations etc etc etc . Don’t ask me to check your website . Instead think about doing the right thing and fixing this issues before your ruin even more people’s vacations .