Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Explorer

Re: Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter

@agilegorge16444
HERO7 Black has very good audio for an action camera. If you have the skill to edit the Protune wav files, it can be even better.

As far as the mic adapter, hopefully they get them back in stock for those who are wanting it. I have one and it works great. I've been using it for a few years now and have never had an issue.

For those who want a good secondary audio option, the Tascam DR-05 and the Zoom H1n are both very good and end up being cheaper since you don't have to purchase an adapter and a mic.
Highlighted
Tourist

I bought it on Wednesday night with 2 day shipping . Ups says I’ll get it next Tuesday the 26 th ????
Highlighted
Explorer

@agilegorge16444
UPS or FedEx? UPS is usually used if you ordered extra batteries, in which case it's sent out ground and does take longer. However, even if it's UPS 2-day shipping, Tuesday sounds like the correct day.

Also, 2-day shipping is the shipping method. If you placed your order on Wednesday night it wouldn't be processed until Thursday with a shipping label being created on Friday. 2-Day shipping is weekdays, so even if it was picked up by the carrier on Friday, the actual ship days are Monday and Tuesday. You would have to pay for next day air to have gotten it sooner.

(I used to work for UPS BTW)
Highlighted
Tourist

@agilegorge16444 I wouldn't be so worried about that, most likely you'll get it earlier, probably on Monday, look up the tracking number for detailed information, because once the product is in the hands of the shipping provider (UPS in our case), GoPro no longer controls that.

Ordered mine on Wednesday morning and still haven't received it and due to the weekend, probably I'll get it on Tuesday.

Tracking the order down I see that it is in the neighboring country, more like 3 hours drive from where I live (I'm close to the border). However most likely on Monday will enter in my country, the couriers will have their hands full started monday morning with other orders so I'll get it the next day Tuesday, which basically is 26th.

Highlighted
Hiker

Something I found out with Amazon... 2 day shipping means the carriers 2 day shipping choice was used. It does not mean it will arrive in 2 days. It does not include weekends (usually) or the time it takes to get to the shipper.

Highlighted
Hiker

Also, by GoPro not making these available for purchse has increased the price of those that do have them. They are selling on Amazon used for $90-$126 and on ebay (with some minor extras) for around $100. So GoPro is allowing a black market to exist where their customers get gouged.

Highlighted
Tourist

If I order with Amazon Prime and two day shipping I have rarely seen them miss a window. I’m not so disappointed with the date but how about let’s say order it now and get it ? Can a website produce that ,of course the can . To say yep day shipping and get it lets 6 days later does nothing for the consumer and I think most would agree and Saturday’s and Sunday’s are shipping business days . Overall I wasn’t that unhappy with the shipping thing however since I was promised an email from someone in sales about questions I had about availability which I never got I can tell you for certain this will be the last go Pro product I buy and as for Mr Nick Woodman since you have not answered any of my concerns through your executive team about product outages and issues the choice becomes easier
Highlighted
Tourist

@toddc858 I think that would be quite difficult to control, even yourself could buy several adapters and sell them on different platforms double the price. So in the end it all resumes to the saying: it's not a fool the one that makes an offer, it's a fool the one that goes for it