Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter com GoPro 10

[ New ]

Bom dia, alguém sabe dizer se o Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter irá ser compativel com a Hero10?

No site na secção de acessórios diz Hero9 até à Hero5, será que não vai ser compativel com a 10?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter com GoPro 10

[ New ]

Hi @nelas

Since the HERO10 Black maintains the same form-factor as the HERO9 Black, they
share the same accessory eco-system. Everything that works with the HERO9 Black
will also work for the HERO10 Black.

The product information for the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter has been sent for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @nelas

Since the HERO10 Black maintains the same form-factor as the HERO9 Black, they
share the same accessory eco-system. Everything that works with the HERO9 Black
will also work for the HERO10 Black.

The product information for the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter has been sent for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for the answer, I thought the same thing and I already have bought the hero 10 and the mic adapter.
GoPro

[ New ]

@nelas, let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Hiker

[ New ]

I bought one, and a new Rode mic, and if I plug the mic in all the way, no audio comes through, but if I plug it in HALF way, the audio records... I don't call that compatible.

GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

@adroitcres2048 - I've heard of this type of issue happening with mics that are TRRS. If you are using a TRRS mic, you will need a TRRS to TRS adapter. We have a Help article with more info on this type of issue at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/External-Microphone-Information/ta-p/394235.

Hiker

[ New ]

This is the Rode VideoMicro plug configuration, which by all GoPro's illustrations and compatability documents is a TRS. My old powered Rode shotgun mic conficguration was the same. Also did not record audio through the GoPro adapter.

IMG_5483.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @adroitcres2048. Is this observed only with the HERO10 Black? By chance, has the same mic adapter + Rode external microphone setup been tested with other cameras? 

Hiker

Re: Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter - GoPro 10

[ New ]

I've only just bought my Hero10  / and adapter / and Rode Micro Mic becasue they said all were compatible.  I can't answer to any other models. My experience so far is the adapter doesn't work with my 10.

GoPro

[ New ]

We appreciate the response, @adroitcres2048. In this case, it would be best to get in touch with our Support Team so they can help with further troubleshooting. 

To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Thank you.