Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Paying with PayPal

When I made my GoPro accessorie purchase the other day, I clicked on to pay via PayPal.  Sortley after my purchase my CC company sent me an email advising me of the $40.00 purchase.  Unknow to me Paypal used my CC informations for the purchase. I called PayPal asking why I was not advised of this in advance and why the money was not taken out of my PayPal account. They replied "GoPro will not accept money from Paypal, is this true?  If I had know this I would have used my CC to place the order.   Is same stated in GoPros TOS? 

#GP PP.jpg
GoPro

Re: Paying with PayPal

@gator, payment made through PayPal is accepted (if the payment method is available on Checkout). See Terms of Sale for more info. Should you need further assistance concerning your PayPal account, I suggest that you contact PayPal's Support Team so they can help sort this out.

Tourist

You are advising me to contact PayPal, as I stated in my first post I contacted PayPal.  I recorded the fifteen minute phone conversation with PayPal and would be happy to share same with you if needed. I called Paypal as soon as I saw the email reference a pending charge on my CC and that was 3 February 2020 @ 3:16pm.  I advised Ms. April about the pending charge on my CC and it shouldn’t be there being I was using my Paypal funds to pay for same.  She replied that is was only there as a backup to insure payment and my CC would not be charged.   Three days later I saw via my CC statement that I was charged. 

The 6 February 2020 @ 2:30pm I called Paypal at 1.888.221.1161 asking why did the purchase go on my CC, her only reply was “Sometimes it depends on the merchant”.  Maybe GoPro should make a call to PayPal.  Think about it, why would I go through PayPay to pay for an item with my CC?  

GoPro

@gator, it will be best to contact our Support Team for further assistance on your order. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives. Once on the page, fill out the form and provide your Sales Order number for reference. Be sure to put in your best contact number on the form.