Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Ordering dual battery charger without battery

Hi,

I've just bought a new Hero8 Black with most of the accessories and an extra battery and I received it yesterday. Now I noticed that having a dual charger is essential for me as I need to charge my batteries while I'm also using the camera. 

But when I want to order the dual charger from your shop, since the dual charger is bundled with an extra battery, it gives me the message "We apologize for the inconvenience but new shipping regulations prohibit us from shipping stand-alone batteries and three or more batteries with a camera. Please adjust your order to proceed." 

I even added a Rollcage to my orders but after reviewing the forum and previous questions here (https://community.gopro.com/t5/Mounts-Accessories/cant-place-order-for-battery/m-p/440596/highlight/...), I understood that apparently a battery cannot be shipped without a device that can use the battery! So does it mean I need to order a new camera for being able to order a dual charger? Do you understand how absurd this is? Why then have you bundled your dual charger with an extra battery when you know you cannot ship it? And why I did not receive an alert or something when I was ordering my new camera that if I want a dual charger I should order it with the camera otherwise I cannot order it at all? 

Have you seriously looked at this issue from the view of your customers?

I'm now seriously looking for an immediate solution from your side so I can order a dual charger for my camera.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Ordering dual battery charger without battery

Shall I order a camera so be able to order the charger a d then simply return the camera later on?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Tourist

I write this here for those who read this late regarding the solution that I had to follow to solve the problem.

After contacting the sales support and checking and confirming with them, we have decided that I order an additional camera so I can place the order for the dual battery charger, and then I later return the camera when I receive the package. 

Although this is for sure not an environmentally friendly solution, it may solve my problem. Also my money will not be returned to my account for at least 15-20 business days (almost a month), and of course it adds extra admin and overhead costs and work for GoPro.

I have already filed a complaint on GoPro to inform them regarding how a problem that could have been avoided by GoPro with a very simple solution has caused huge problems for its customers.

Judging by the number of discussions here, I can see I'm not the only one facing this problem, but maybe one of the few ones that were persistent to make GoPro fix the problem from the source. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Apologies for the inconvenience, @ariaraman. The shipping restrictions are imposed by IATA and something beyond our control.

The Dual Battery Charger had always been paired with an extra battery and the warning on shipment automatically appears when the whole order (considering the items included) falls under the restrictions set. 

You may purchase the Dual Battery Charger from authorized sellers or local retailers. You may use the store locator to find a local shop near you.  

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks @mariustanya for your swift reply.
I for sure understand the restrictions is something beyond your control. What I'm saying is that if you can set a trigger by the content of the shopping cart to announce the warning, you may as well do the same when the content of the shopping cart does not have some accessories like extra battery or dual charger at this case. So the customers can get informed and make decision if they wanna include those accessories in their order or not, knowing the existing restrictions for further orders. Also "being always paired with an extra battery" is not an explanation in this case as GoPro can decide to unbundle them or at least offer the option to order it alone given the new regulation.
So I hope you understand how frustrating the shopping experience will be finding out that the nearest authorized seller to me who is living in Sweden is the neighboring country Latvia!!! So basically you are suggesting me to take a flight or cruise to go to the nearest shop and buy a dual battery charger because GoPro cannot simply create a logical bundling on its products based on the new regulations?
Seriously, I had one of my best shopping experience couple days ago at your webshop when I ordered my Hero8 Black, but honestly that was ruined with this experience and so much illogicality that I witnessed.
Highlighted
Tourist

Shall I order a camera so be able to order the charger a d then simply return the camera later on?
Highlighted
Tourist

I write this here for those who read this late regarding the solution that I had to follow to solve the problem.

After contacting the sales support and checking and confirming with them, we have decided that I order an additional camera so I can place the order for the dual battery charger, and then I later return the camera when I receive the package. 

Although this is for sure not an environmentally friendly solution, it may solve my problem. Also my money will not be returned to my account for at least 15-20 business days (almost a month), and of course it adds extra admin and overhead costs and work for GoPro.

I have already filed a complaint on GoPro to inform them regarding how a problem that could have been avoided by GoPro with a very simple solution has caused huge problems for its customers.

Judging by the number of discussions here, I can see I'm not the only one facing this problem, but maybe one of the few ones that were persistent to make GoPro fix the problem from the source. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi,

You just need to order a battery on the amazon website, no ?

Highlighted
Tourist

Actually no. I'm not looking for a battery, but only the charger. All the problem caused by bundling that with a battery. And I've also tried to order the charger from Amazon, but apparently the charger is also bundled with a battery in Amazon too! So Amazon also did not accept my order saying they cannot ship it. Anyway, as I mentioned above, I now have ordered the charger and battery with one camera in the cart, so they are shipped and are on their way to me. I'll take the charger and battery and will return the camera back to GoPro and get reimbursed, hopefully!!