Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

New super suit lens cover came lose during dive.

Hi all,
I recently bought the go pro hero Black and the supersuit. I wanted to try it on my dive so we didn't go beyond 9 meters deep, luckily. And the lens cover on my super suit loosened, I don't know at what point it happened I only noticed it halfway threw the dive.
It was scary since I didn't know if the go pro would be water proof without its usual lens cover. Which has to be removed to fit it into the super suit.
I was wondering if anyone else had this issue?
Email me if you want a picture of it. (only had one once out of water.)

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: New super suit lens cover came lose during dive.

Thank you, @zendikon. The photos showing the issue would be greatly helpful. The 2 sealing doors should be of the same size and shape - one is used with the floaty, and the other without. This is because the floaty sticks to the door. 

Please keep us posted with results of your contact with the retailer. As always, feel free to post back for any question or concern that you may have. Best regards!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Tourist

P. S. : email = quinten. Vandereyt@gmail.com
Highlighted
GoPro

@zendikon, the HERO5/HERO6/HERO7 Black cameras are waterproof down to 33ft (10m) without the Protective Lens attached to the camera and/or housing. The lens cover is recommended to keep on to secure the camera from bumps or damage.

We want to look at what we can do to extend our help. Please contact our Support team by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Yea thanks. I think i'm going to go to my retailer since i live in Belgium they need to give me a 2 year warenty so i think thats the best idee? Don't know how they'l handel it though. (For the super suit) Go Pro is still in mint contidion, It just scared me XD. 

Thanks for reasuring me. Also i think i know what went wrong. 
After checking your site with the table of contents i noticed that it specified:
- 2 sealing doors 
- 1 skeleton door

I take it that one is for certain models and the other sealing door for other models. Didn't know this and I only had one sealing door and the skeleton door in the box. So i gues the correct one was missing also wasn't labeled.
Might have been a return that got reshipped without a check from the retailer itself? Either way i should be able to either get a new one from the retailer or a refund. 
If i get a refund i'm ordering directly from go pro itself though. I think that I have a better chance of getting a good box then. :)

Also I'l attach a pic with the damage that way you'r team can see what failed. 

Damage Super suit.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you, @zendikon. The photos showing the issue would be greatly helpful. The 2 sealing doors should be of the same size and shape - one is used with the floaty, and the other without. This is because the floaty sticks to the door. 

Please keep us posted with results of your contact with the retailer. As always, feel free to post back for any question or concern that you may have. Best regards!