Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

New battery and dual charger purchase issues

[ New ]

I live in the UK and I am trying to order a spare battery and the dual charger for my new GoPro 8 (due to be delivered sometime next week).

I have just signed up for the GoPro Plus (@ £50) that provides 50% off of these accessories. Whilst trying to check out I am being prevented from doing so until I remove the batteries due to US regulations on shipping individual batteries. I live in the UK, we don't give 2 hoots about the FAA or it's regulations, do you not have UK distributors that can ship these accessories?

I check on Amazon and funnily enough they have no problem in shipping these accessories.

Can you please advise how I can make use of my valid 50% discount for these accessories, because if I cannot purchase these accessories with the discount then there is a case for mis-selling the GoPro Plus, which states 50% off qualifying accessories (I hope that point is clear in this message).

With thanks,

Jason Taylor

GoPro

Re: New battery and dual charger purchase issues

[ New ]

Apologies for the inconvenience, @jrhtaylor. You can purchase a spare battery and the dual battery charger at 50% discount provided these are ordered together with a product that would use them such as the camera. This is due to the restrictions mandated by our shipping partners. As these restrictions are placed on us by the shippers, this is something we are not able to control. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Ok thanks for the reply @mariustanya seems like we might be getting somewhere.

I have just pre-ordered the GoPro8, can we get the spare battery and dual charger added to that order please? I can supply the order number if needed.

Jason

Explorer

[ New ]
You should contact the GoPro Support Team. You can do so here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
GoPro

[ New ]

@jrhtaylor, please get in touch with our Support Team so they can help look further into your options.

Tourist

[ New ]
Thank you for your reply. As you are aware, there are no options other than paying full price at a retailer that can ship.

Jason
Sightseer

[ New ]
En base a que ley de que país no pueden enviar baterías con la debida señalización de producto peligroso en avión? El que solo puedan enviarlas con una cámara evidencia su política comercial, además, de ..., a los que aparte engañan ofreciéndoles un 50 /100 de descuento en accesorios sin decirles que el más básico y necesario no lo van a poder adquirir con descuento fuera de los Estados Podridos! Especifiquen mejor lo que ofrece gopro plus. Se podría llamar engaño!!
GoPro

[ New ]

@bolddawn52203, due to safety regulations governing Lithium-Ion batteries, only minimal quantities of batteries are permitted to be shipped via air. That being said, there's a maximum of additional 2 rechargeable batteries for every camera purchase. In addition to this, you will not be allowed to proceed with the checkout on the website if there's no camera associated to your order. These restrictions are placed on us by the shipper and not something we can control.