Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Hiker

New Bluetooth remote - video recording starts but often stops immediately so no video recorded.

[ New ]
my new hero 8 and new Bluetooth remote i find often I press record to start recording a video, and it starts and stops immediately, leaving me with no video and a 200-300kb file. (KB, not MB). I am using a Samsung Pro memory card that is super fast. (I returned my hero9 and went with a hero8 bc the hero9 was over 40% bigger (volume) and over 25% heavier.
GoPro

Re: New Bluetooth remote - video recording starts but often stops immediately so no video recorded.

[ New ]

Hello, @wstt. Which remote control are you using? Is it The Remote? If so, try manually updating your camera firmware to clear any possible error with the current installation. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you. 

Hiker

Re: New Bluetooth remote - video recording starts but often stops immediately so no video recorded.

[ New ]
Which remote am I using? There is only one Bluetooth remote; the older ones were wifi remotes.
Well, I can’t update the firmware on it bc it’s already dead. I charged it overnight and this morning it felt pretty warm. I noticed the red light was flickering very faintly and the remote wouldn’t even come on. It’s dead. Does GoPro even test this stuff before they release it?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @wstt

Sorry for any trouble caused.

We see that Support was able to attend to your case and an RMA has been arranged.

If you have further questions on your case, please follow up with them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej