Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

NEW battery doesnt charge & fiddly dual charger

[ New ]
  1. Out of 3 brand new batteries - 1 just doesn't charge. Left it overnight, got 1 fully charged and another 1 - when put into GoPro does nothing.

2. Dual Charger - whenever I put the battery inside, it still feels fiddly. Any small misalignment - stops the charge. Is it supposed to be like this? The product feels very sturdy, but --bleep-- the battery when inserted is sooo loose.

Has anyone got customer support email? As the form doesn't seem to work.

Tourist

Re: NEW battery doesnt charge & fiddly dual charger

[ New ]
Okay I just got the hero 9 bundle with dual charger and I was shocked at how small the charger was, how loose the batteries sat in the charger and the fact that for 35 bucks plus tax they didn't even give us an adapter. I called customer service and they were like "use the adapter in your home" and I was like, how do you know if I have an adapter in my home? I have an older adapter not a USB-C adapter. For 35 bucks, I cannot believe they didn't give us an adapter!!?? Wow! This is a scam!!
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @rockyriver6363

Have you tried charging the battery through the camera?

If the same is observed, please let our Support Team know.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Should you encounter any issue scheduling a callback or a live chat, please ensure that you are not blocking cookies and have your pop-up blocker disabled.

Hi @activelift770

Thank you for the feedback, we'll have this shared with the team.

For reference, you may check this article Recommended Chargers

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Rif.: NEW battery doesnt charge & fiddly dual charger

[ New ]

mi è arrivato oggi il caricabatterie doppio della gopro, e da un modulo non carica la batteria, se la sposto nell'altro si carica, che sia difettoso?

GoPro

Re: Rif.: NEW battery doesnt charge & fiddly dual charger

[ New ]

Hi @bikerringo

Sorry for any trouble caused.

What is the charging output of the charger used?

Do you observe the same on both batteries?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Caricata con adattatore da 5V e 2A, la batteria nel modulo con spia verde aveva una carica pari al 95% , mentre quella nel modulo giallo carica pari al 28%

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @bikerringo

We'll have this shared with the team.

If possible are you able to try a changing adapter with 5V 3A output?

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

Hello, I have same problem. I tried with a 2A and 5A adaptator, battery's charged only to 93-94%. When I charge the same battery with the camera, It will charge to 100%.

Tourist

[ New ]
hello, after a few refills the problem seems to be solved!
GoPro

[ New ]

@yvesb0722, thanks for the info. We'll share the details with the team.

GoPro

[ New ]

@bikerringo, thanks for posting back with an update. Let us know if anything else comes up.

Tourist

[ New ]

J'ai le même problème et la seule assitsnace de la part du support est qu'ils partagent avec l'équipe ... le support n'est pas rapide et pas très professionnel.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Bonjour , j'ai le même problème , j'ai une batterie neuve qui ne charge pas , que ce sois sur module ou dans la go pro , elle ne charge pas du tout..

J'aimerais savoir si un remboursement pouvez être possible ou un changement.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @shagzene

Are you getting a NO BATT prompt on the camera?

Let our Support Team check on this further. You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm having similar issues. I put my batteries in last night before i went to bed. One still had a yellow light in the morning. I moved it to the other dock of the dual charger and it turned green immediately. I then took the battery that was green when i woke up and moved it to the now vacant chargin slot and it remained green. messed around switching them back and forth. Sometimes the light would be yellow, sometimes green, no rhyme or reason. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

I dont understand service here... My battery doesnt work as well...i order 3 of them and one just not charging. I write email to them and didnt get any asnwer. Why is that i dont get it. Want to buy other batteries but i will not do it because of service. 

GoPro

[ New ]

@arvydasge, we currently do not have active email support as it has long been discontinued.

Have you been able to go through the suggested troubleshooting steps here GoPro Camera Will Not Power On?

If the issue persists, please contact our Support Team so we can assist you further in resolving this. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.