Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

NEW Zeus Mini question

Is the NEW Zeus Mini identical to the light mod and can be attached on the media mod or it is different than the light mod and can be only used with that clip? I have been trying to buy the light mod for a while and it won't become instock with the media mod.

The reason why I buy them together is GoPro charges shipping to Canada on each item so it doesn't make sense to pay shipping twice, they also do not allow pre-orders which is unfortunate.

https://gopro.com/en/ca/shop/mounts-accessories/zeus-mini/ALTSK-002.html

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: NEW Zeus Mini question

Hello, @yyyz. The Zeus has the same Light Mod that can be attached to the Media Mod. The specifications are exactly the same as well. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @yyyz. The Zeus has the same Light Mod that can be attached to the Media Mod. The specifications are exactly the same as well. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you for confirming, GoPro Support told me I cannot attach it to the media mod but it seems they don't have the same details, appreciated
Highlighted
Tourist

@yyyz
You order the mini and come back to tell us if it detaches from clip and mounts on media mod.
It doesn't make sense that the clip is existing accessory and the light is never in stock, but they come bundled without actually saying its clip and light mod combined. I trust phone techs more than forum admin.
Highlighted
Tourist

I requested a cancellation since I am not confident that the item will fit, their support team said yes it will fit and then other support reps said it won't. Disappointing but I don't want to deal with returns and hassle, especially that they charge $20 for shipping each time I place an order

Highlighted
Tourist

I did my own research and found the admin here was correct. If you download the manual for the Zeus mini, it clearly shows it's the "light mod" plus extra pieces and clip. It makes no logical sense why GoPro marketed "light mod" and then releases this BEFORE the mod was available to us. Enough said, it works for our camera light.

Sorry admin, I was in the wrong.
Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for the input, @lonewolf2873

@yyyz, Do you have a case number for your interaction with Support? We would like to provide feedback to Support to make sure that there are no confusions. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

@mariustanya I didn't have a case when I asked them but when I tried to confirm today, they were not able to tell if it fits or not, last night they said it fits and before that a rep confirmed it doesn't fit.

I think the best way to approach this is to update the product page, I had to cancel my 250+ order just because of the Zeus compatibility. I personally don't need the Zeus but I want the light mod which is always out of stock