Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

My GoPro Hero 3 is neither charging Nor witching On. I tried all the thing possible

I have been using Hero3+. I connected it today for charging, but it is neither charging nor powering On. I charged extra battery through wall mount charger, but camera is not switching on despite replacing the batteries. I connected the camera to the power through cable, but light is not blinking. Please advise

GoPro

Re: My GoPro Hero 3 is neither charging Nor witching On. I tried all the thing possible

Hi @bolddawn47270,

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble getting that camera to power on. How are you trying to charge that camera? Wall outlet or computer? Is the cable a GoPro Official Cable?

Best,

Ryan

Tourist

Re: My GoPro Hero 3 is neither charging Nor witching On. I tried all the thing possible

Thanks for concern. I have two extra batteries and double charger with all genuineness. I have back screen for live display too. I tried to restart also by pressing shoot n power buttons together but nothing is working. Changed cables also. Batteries are charged through charger and I used the same cable for direct charging for GO PRO also but in vain. Camera was not used since last six months but was in official Gopro box only. I used it underwate4 as well as in open air and it was great. I feel there should be some other way to hard reset and upgrade the software. Third through my MacBook but not sensing as no power in camera