Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Mount Fitments - H7B

[ New ]

Hey all,

First off, I just want to say GoPro's customer service is spot on. I opened a new case last week regarding the Shorty Grip fitting properly with the H7B "The Frame", and they got a new Shorty Grip sent to me which I just received today.

The issue is, the forks on the Grip and the 3-Way Mount are a bit too tight for the forks on "The Frame", and I was required to force the Frame in quite a bit to even make the holes align, and when I did that, I was unable to screw the thumbscrew in at all due to the curve made from the forks pushing each other apart. In the picture provided, you can see the gaps between the forks which is not an issue for the normal slide-in clips. It was also so tight I could barely move the GoPro even when there was no thumbscrew attached, and the forks on my "Frame" are now scratched heavily and damaged.

I've tried this with 2 frames, 2 shorty grips, and 2 3-way mounts, all having the same issue. I've submitted pictures to GoPro chat as well. I believe GoPro needs to look into this because I now have mounts which do not work with the H7B and I'm a bit disappointed. Not complaining, I can find other mounts to work with, but it would be great if GoPro could go back to the drawing board for the fitment of the frame and mounts which do not require the slide-in clips.

Thanks!

IMG_0529.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: The Shorty Fitment - H7B

[ New ]

@alangoooo, I appreciate you providing us these details. I'll share the information to the team in charge. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

[ New ]

IMG_0530.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

@alangoooo, I appreciate you providing us these details. I'll share the information to the team in charge. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!