Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

Motorcycle Helmet Mounting - Help required

Hi,

So I've mounted the Hero7 black on my motorcycle helmet. I've taken some videos and noticed that the camera seems to be pointing down at the tank a bit too much rather than taking in some of the great scenery I see when I ride. The GoPro won't tilt any further upwards than it already is.

Can you tell me if there's a mount of some kind that will bring the camera away from the helment slightly that will then allow me to tilt the camera up slightly?

I've attached a photo so you can see my current setup. You can see that I'd like to try to tilt the GoPro upwards slightly.

Thanks in AdvanceGoPro on Helmet.jpg

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Motorcycle Helmet Mounting - Help required

Hi @paddit877,

I would suggest to look for a different chin mount. 

Try to check YouTube videos on how they set up their cameras. 

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

Ok, I've sorted it. I've bought one of these.... Sametop Aluminium Ball Joint Mount Swivel Arm Mount with Wrench 

Tried it out and it works a treat!

Highlighted
Tourist

I use this setup from Amazon. In using the media mount too to run audio and power into the camera with 128GB card. Longer recording sessions with audio from me and others received.
Highlighted
Tourist

SUREWO Aluminum Motorcycle Helmet Chin Mount Compatible with GoPro Hero 8/7/(2018)/6/5 Black 4 Session 3+,DJI Osmo Action and More. It adjusts in all axis and enables to to connect other options easily. Has safety rope attached to inside helmet. 

GoPro mount.jpg