Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Media mod to PC

@gordrocks, to help us further isolate the issue, see if the same problem happens when the camera is connected to another computer.

Also, just to clarify, do you power the camera on (using the Mode button) after connecting it to your computer via USB-C cable? Do you see the USB symbol on the camera's front LCD screen?

Highlighted
Hiker

WITHOUT the media mod I see the USB symbol on the front screen. WITH the media mod I don’t see it although it does start to charge the battery. I have tried turning it on both before and after connecting it to the PC.
I don’t have a second PC that I can connect it to. If I can borrow a PC wouldn’t I have to install Quik on it. I’m not sure someone would want me to do that!
Highlighted
Tourist

Also experiencing this. I've tried different cables, different software (macOS's Image Capture vs Quik vs Final Cut Pro), it always charges but doesn't let me download.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @rdamazio. Which OS is your Mac running on? Does it also recognize the camera without any issue when the Media Mod is not attached? 

@gordrocks Are you using a Mac as well? Which OS is it on? 

Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

@mariustanya wrote:

Hello @rdamazio. Which OS is your Mac running on? Does it also recognize the camera without any issue when the Media Mod is not attached? 

macOS 10.15.3 (19D76). (In case it's relevant, hardware is a Macbook Pro 15in 2019, i9, 32GB, Vega20 4GB)

It does recognize it without the Media Mod (got the camera without the media mod at launch, have been successfully downloading from it since, usually with Image Capture), but when I add the media mod it doesn't show up anywhere. I tried plugging both directly to the Mac and also through a USB hub (Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro) with various cables.

Highlighted
Hiker

I’m using a PC and still have the same problem! Works fine without the media mod. With the media mod it will charge but does not recognize GoPro Quik and I cannot upload videos .
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @gordrocks @rdamazio

It will be best to reach out to our Support Team to move forward with your concern.

Let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

You may also refer them to this thread.

Thanks!
Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

@aragon1006 wrote:

Hello @gordrocks @rdamazio

It will be best to reach out to our Support Team to move forward with your concern.

Let them know of the troubleshooting steps taken.

You may also refer them to this thread.

Thanks!
Ej

Thanks for the replies.

Sorry for the dumber question, but how do I do that?

I tried many times today your contact form at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs -  if I select "Start chat", it always says "Sorry, all agents are helping other customers right now. Please try again later.". If I select "Request call", it always says "Invalid Captcha. Please retry." (there's no captcha that I can see on the page).