Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Hiker

Media mod to PC

[ Edited ]
How do I copy videos from my Hero 8 with media mod to my computer? Have not been able to find a cable for USB to HDMI micro cable. Do I still need to remove the SD card?
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Media mod to PC

Sorry, I realized it must be the C cable I need to use!! What an idiot!!! Smiley Embarassed

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @gordrocks. Yes, you are correct. Quik for desktop should still be able to recognize the camera even when the Media Mod is attached. Be sure to use the USB-C cable that came with the package. 

Highlighted
Hiker

The strange thing is that the battery will charge with the Media Mod but it won't launch Quik and if I manually launch Quik it does not recognize the GoPro. No videos on the GoPro show up in Quik.

Highlighted
GoPro

@gordrocks, do you get the same results without the Media Mod attached to the camera? Please run any available OS updates and make sure to have the latest update for your Graphics Card/s drivers installed. Use the GoPro USB-C cable that came with the camera. There are some troubleshooting steps here that will help: 

Highlighted
Hiker

Everything works fine WITHOUT the media mod. With the media mod the battery will charge but it is not recognized by Quik!
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @gordrocks,

Thanks for letting us know.

We'll just forward this to our team and we'll also try to replicate the issue. 

-jay

Highlighted
Hiker

Thank you!!