Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Hiker

Media Mod on Hero 8 Black

[ New ]

Why does my Hero 8 re boot or crash when I apply external power to the media mod with a Rode Vido Micro mic plugged in.

Have tried it without battery as well, as soon as pwer is appied camera vcomes on and crashes.

Help me if you can, thank Robin

GoPro

Re: Media Mod on Hero 8 Black

[ New ]

Hi @robnc60326

What version is your camera on?

Is this also observed when the camera is not attached to the Media Mod?

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Ver 2.5. I haven't tried without media mod, it's the fact when streaming batteries don't last long so you need an external psu. 

Hiker

[ New ]

It does it without the media mod as well

@robnc60326 wrote:

Ver 2.5. I haven't tried without media mod, it's the fact when streaming batteries don't last long so you need an external psu. 

Hiker

[ New ]

It does it without the media mod as well, hopeless, ver 2.5

GoPro

[ New ]

@robnc60326, by external power, do you mean power bank or direct power source (like a power outlet)? Be sure to use the GoPro USB charging cable and use a 5V 2A power plug.

Hiker

[ New ]

Yes it was an external battery of the correct amps 5V 2A and a GoPro cable. I changed in preferences the USB to MTP from Go pro connect, that seemed to cure it yesterday. Today it works on either setting so I am at a loss to what is causing this. Just rubbish GoPro software, sadly most of the SW is a bit flaky.

@aenriquez wrote:

@robnc60326, by external power, do you mean power bank or direct power source (like a power outlet)? Be sure to use the GoPro USB charging cable and use a 5V 2A power plug.