Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Media Mod does not record from my 3.5mm standard microphone, settings checked, please help

[ New ]

Hi

I have received my media mod, updated the firmware to the latest, and would like to connect my external 3.5mm 'interviewing' mic (unpowered by any other means).

I have selected the standard mic option (I have tried all the other options too!)

Nothing gets recorded other than a hissing sound.

The media mods own microphone records no problem but the sound is usually better from a dedicated mic that I have used with other devices.

Any help/suggestions?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Media Mod does not record from my 3.5mm standard microphone, settings checked, please help

[ New ]

Tourist

Re: Media Mod does not record from my 3.5mm standard microphone, settings checked, please help

[ New ]

Hast du unter Einstellungen - Eingabe/Ausgabe - Audioeingabe auf das externe Mikrofon geschaltet.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, yes I have, I shall contact support as I cant think of anything else as I have tried all the settings.

Thank you for the suggesiton

Tourist

[ New ]

I have been in touch with support and they have escalated the issue but if anyone wants more info on supported mics, here is a link to the gopro microphone support page

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/External-Microphone-Recommendations/ta-p/390259