Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Max lens mod issue

[ New ]
Just received my Max lense mod today. Instillation instructions are straightforward, however, the lense won’t do a full quarter turn to lock in. Not sure what the issue is. Any help is appreciated.
Hiker

Re: Max lens mod issue

[ New ]

It will. Mine had the same issue. Push in firmly and then turn it the rest of the way. I had to play with mine a little putting it on and off and then it finally went. It will go but doesn'tt seem like it at first.

Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same issue. 

Hiker

[ New ]
Mine was exactly the same and I thought it was a defect.... but it WILL go. Push in firmly and twist.
image.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]
Hiker

[ New ]

I'm quite sure. I had the same issue and that picture above is mine mounted perfectly. Put it on, push in firmly and twist to the right. 

Tourist

[ New ]

This is wild, I'll keep trying but I don't even think Thor himself could twist this thing in. Will update when I get it fixed. I'm just worried I'll break the camera, but now this has turned into a pride project, lol.

Hiker

[ New ]
All I did was take it off and on about ten times... as far as it would go. Then a pushed in firmly and twisted to right and it went on just fine. I made sure that the writing on the lens ended up at 3 o’clock like product pictures show.Try that.