Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Re: Max lens mod issue

[ New ]

Tried it more than 50 times (for real). And it's still not going to work. My fingers are hurting now and this isn't right for a mod like this. 

IMG_2732.JPG
Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

I have exactly the same issue.

Tourist

[ New ]

I am concerned that the problem is coming from the maximum lens mode or the camera part.

Tourist

[ New ]
That’s what I’m thinking as well. I’ve contacted the support team and I advise you do that same. They will try their best to help you.
Tourist

[ New ]
I just got my lens in today and have really really pushed and twisted with no luck :(
Tourist

[ New ]
Update, I did a chat with customer service. They asked me to send a video of the max lens being installed. They agreed that I was putting way too much pressure trying to get it to fit on. They are sending a replacement. I'm betting something wasnt machined right, I was applying the max amount of force I could and no go
Tourist

[ New ]
What??? Your replacement is fast though. They still haven’t get back to me after our chat this morning. Good for you!
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

when I first mounted the lens and saw that it does not twist to the final position, I was very annoyed. That means something is wrong, I have to send it back to GoPro and it's not funny at all.
Fortunately, there is https://community.gopro.com and I found this topic. After about 15 attempts to put the lens, I started to apply a greater force with each attempt and finally the lens is in place.

gopro inainte si dupa max lens mod.jpg