Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Max Lens Mod will not fully rotate on the Hero 9

[ New ]

I just received my new Hero 9 and the Max Lens Mod.  This is my first GoPro.  The Max Lens will not fully rotate in place on the camera.  I don't want to force it any harder and break something.  Any suggestions?

IMG_4001.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Max Lens Mod will not fully rotate on the Hero 9

[ New ]

@timp8862, you can push the Max Lens Mod unit towards the body of the camera while turning it into place. This compresses the Lens a bit and will help it set. You can use some force and try it a couple of times.

If you continue to experience issues, please contact our Support Team so we can assist you further in resolving this. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

@timp8862, you can push the Max Lens Mod unit towards the body of the camera while turning it into place. This compresses the Lens a bit and will help it set. You can use some force and try it a couple of times.

If you continue to experience issues, please contact our Support Team so we can assist you further in resolving this. You may reach out to them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs to initiate a callback request or chat with one of the representatives.

Tourist

[ New ]

They are replacing my camera as they told me the issue is with the cameras and not the lens. I guess I'll see how that goes. I don't feel comfotable forcing it like others have said they have done.

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes, they are replacing both my camera and lens as well.  I did not want to force it either.