Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Max Lens MOD does not fit

[ New ]

I've been trying for 2 days, trying to get the Max Lens Mod to fit. It turns 95% of the way but then it just won't budge. I feel like it is faulty, I've seen many youtube vids even the one on the GoPro page and everyone seems to easily screw it on. It must be broken or faulty. Can i return it?

Hiker

Re: Max Lens MOD does not fit

[ New ]

Check all the other similar threads, it will fit, but requires more force than you expect.  One guy even used an adjustable wrench to fit his!

Try holding the lens gripped all the way around with your thumb and forefinger of your dominant (I.e. strongest) hand encircling the lens, and then turn the camera body.  It will connect in the end.

Tourist

[ New ]

OMG if i have to use tools then theres something definitly wrong with. The manual says nothing about tools. I really believe these are faulty. Plus my hand is super cramped from trying to force it, specially my thumb. GoPro can i return my lens mod?

Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm having the exact same issue. Did you figure it out? 

Tourist

[ New ]
Same problem here. Received my hero 9 with lens mod today and just you describe it. I can screw it around 95% into position. I will try with a wrench later at home ( had to use it with my old hero 6 also to replace the standart lens cover.) and see if that helps but I have my doubts.
Tourist

[ New ]

Me acaba de llegar la Max lens mod, y me pasa lo mismo , solo gira un 95%, y no encaja más, no creo que pueda forzarla mas. Habrá que devolverla, hay una anomalía, y viendo que hay más lentes así, será un defecto de construcción

Tourist

[ New ]
took a lot of brute strength and force but I eventually got it fitted.. definitely requires alot more force than you would expect.
Sightseer

[ New ]
The solution which worked for me, and which I found in another post on this forum, was to apply greater pressure to push the lens into the camera body. Twisting harder didn’t help, but using my palm to push the lens onto the camera as I twisted really helped. I guess the internal tolerances of the locking mechanism are a fraction too tight, and some pressure to squeeze the two parts together is just enough to allow it to rotate fully,
After installing a couple of times it’s getting much easier. You’ll need the cleaning cloth to clean off the palm print left on the lens!