Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Re: Max Lens MOD does not fit

[ New ]

I finally got it to work after trying this. It seems that pushing it together very hard before turning makes the difference. At least it did for me. I just got a Return Authorization too. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Tourist

[ New ]

Talked with customer service today and they said their engineers feel it is an issue with the camera and not the lens mod. I'm not sure how that could be seeing as the normal lens fits but I'm no engineer. I'll see how the replacement camera works when I get it in a few weeks.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Holy **bleep**, i was convinced that the lens was broken, i try to fit it with all my strength, so i had to turn to internet to see if anyone else had the same problem, this can not be right, you should not have to use tools to fit a lens to a camera.

Tourist

[ New ]

I agree. You shouldn't *have* to but it does greatly aid in an uneventful installation. By "uneventful," I mean 'no (possible?) damage' to the lens/mount versus pressing down on the lens and or camera body with excessive force.

As one other person has mentioned, the application of an exceptionally small amount of (in his case) gun lubricant, made a very big difference for him. I'd toyed with a similar idea using some Teflon-added bike lubricant when I first got my Max lens mod; however, in the end, I chose to go with pliers and a thick towel (to avoid marring/damaging the lens's finish).

I concur fully that such extremes should not be necessary. I can only suppose such tight tolerances were necessary to retain the stated water resistance rating.