Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Re: Max Lens MOD does not fit

[ New ]

I am having the same issue,it will only go on about 90% before it stops and also feels like metal grinding. i am going to contact customer service right now.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Son of a gun. It worked. I ordered a replacement and had the same issue of turning only 95%. I tried pushed the lens mod into the camera before twisting it, and that seemed to work for me. Thank you for the tip!
Nomad

[ New ]

Same issue on my cameras. I was able to use a strap wrench to get it on one of my cameras but that did not work for my other 2 cameras. Tolerance is too tight!!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Exact same issue here.  had to use a large pair of vice grips to get it the rest of the way.

Sightseer

[ New ]
All you have to do is push the max lens mod into the camera as hard as you can before you turn it. Hope this helps :)
Tourist

[ New ]

Hey, guys. I just got my Max Lens Mod today and, like you, it would only engage a solid 90-95%'ish before it felt like it locked up and wouldn't go any further (by hand). I tried pushing down as hard as I could, whilst turning, but to no avail. As with others here who were hesitant to take any handtools to their Hero9, especially something like channel locks, I was thinking, "Nope!" But, after reading several posts of people who had done just that with nary any negative results, I thought I'd give it a shot. And it worked! Perfectly! And with very little effort. I imagine the tolerances are so tight given that this is supposed to be a waterproof camera. My only advice would be to use a thick enough cloth between the Max Lens Mod and the channel locks so you don't mar the finish. The idea is to simply grip the mod, not crush it. Just take your time, use some common sense, and you'll be fine.

20210222_190432.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

Well i contacted costumer service  about the issue and they are replacing my GoPro. It should be here 02/24 and i will see if the problem is fixed and post here with the verdict. I do not fill that you should have to use channel locks to change lenses on any camera.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]
I agree. You shouldn't *have* to; however, as others have pointed out, and as I have also done, in a number of cases it's necessary if you want your Max Lens Mod to mount securely. While not ideal, it does work.