Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Lost Go Pro due to broken mount

[ New ]

Hello,

Yesterday when I was kitesurfing, I mounted my gopro cam to my helmet..

Having a good time and camera was holding well but after 30 min I realized I lost it.. I thought that the mount fixation was not good and that's my fault but suprisingly the mount was there but support for the camera was broken ( as you can see on the attached picture )

there were no contact with hard surface just contact with water, there were no hard crash or contact with board whatsoever.. It was very silly to lost my cam deep in mediteranenan sea due to a $10 support.

I really don't know what to feel angry that I lost my footage, or to myself that I mounted it, but the purpose is to mount in the same time, or blame you.. The one thing sure is that this mount was not good quality and people should not loose their cam and mood due to a silly part.

Levent Zaim 

IMG_0590-1.JPG

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Lost Go Pro due to broken mount

[ New ]

Hi @levo132,

It would be best to talk to GoPro Customer Support. 

They might be able to help. 

Contact them via phone or chat: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best Regards, 

-Jay 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @levo132,

It would be best to talk to GoPro Customer Support. 

They might be able to help. 

Contact them via phone or chat: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best Regards, 

-Jay 

Hiker

[ New ]

Not that im an expert on this matter but the laws of physics speak for itself. After looking at your picture it's clear that some sort of violant force have smashed it into pieces. It doesn't break in small pieces by itself for no reason or some wind resistant like you try to imply with your description. You have either hit your head in something or something has hit your head/camera(a wire/string perhapse from your kite?) and bent it/smashed it violantly enough for the plastic to break(wich dont break easily since its made to withstand abuse). My guess is that you: 1: was unlucky 2: feel sorry for yourself cause you where unlucky/clumsy so you make up a story to make people feel sorry for you.

Hiker

[ New ]

I came to think of another reason this could have happened but its a longshot since it kinda falls under the stupid category: The first thing one learns about gopro and its accessories is that if you use them in salt water and dont immideatly thorughly clean them in every nook and cranny with freshwater after use the salt water will corrode and destroy and weaken the material. It could be why your mount broke way easier then it should have, and if so its your fault since you don't take proper care of your gear, so don't come to gopro and cry and demand a new camera on their expense cause of your stupid actions if that is what happened.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks Jay.

Backpacker

[ New ]

must admit i've never managed to break a J buckle, so my first thought was its had a good whack. Looking at the picture tho & the threads of the exposed screw have got no plastic around it, so doesn't like it was actually doing much to help spread the load from the mount, or into thin plastic which has snapped under the strain

Tourist

[ New ]

calm down, nobody is crying, are you here to share or to judge ? with which right you can call stupid etc.

Don't be so unhappy, find another occupation.

Hiker

[ New ]

Read what i wrote properly before you reply and get your facts straight.

1: An example of a stupid type of behaviour wich i made clear i don't even know if you made is not calling anyone stupid.

It's an example of a category of behaviour that some people do.

2: Use google. A lot of people make stupid mistakes. Most videos on youtube about gopro show peoples accessories and how they treat them, it seems to be more common that people do not treat the gear the way they should, just look at the state of the accessories and how they smash them, throw them, drop them, scratch them and other type of abuse. If you treat your items bad they will break sooner rather than later, it's physics. So don't come with your uneducated low life comments. Go get the facts straight and learn how to read properly.

Also, i don't work here, so i don't know what your on about with occupation.