Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Looking for a longer suction cup mount or extension

[ Edited ]

Hi all, I have the standard GoPro suction cup mount but its too short for what I'd like to use it for. I'm wondering if anyone knows about a 3rd party suction cup mount that is significantly longer than the standard GoPro mount that will attach inside a car on the sunroof. It needs to be able to handle being mounted in a car going speeds of 140+ MPH. I'll link an example of the type of angle I'd like to get in the exact same type of car that I'd like to film in. The standard GoPro mount is too short and the camera angle is blocked by the rear view mirror when I try to get this same camera angle (showing the driver's head, arms, steering wheel, and a full view out of the front windshield). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZHkWRSbvHg&t=364s

Thanks!

With 37° air temperature it was the hottest day I've ever spent in a racecar on the Nordschleife. Hard conditions not only for the TPS-Performance BMW M2 Competition (~520 HP, 1560 KG, Michelin semislicks) which performed quite well without any failures the whole day but also for me as the driver
Tourist

Re: Looking for a longer suction cup mount or extension

Google “RAM Mount GoPro”
I have their stuff including suction cup as well as extensions etc. solid shiz.
Sightseer

Cool, so I see this suction cup. https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-166-GOP1  It looks to be rougly the same length as the official GoPro suction mount.

Is there some sort of extension they sell that will make the arm length significantly longer? 

Tourist

Yes they make an extension piece that fits 2 balls in either end. Attach that to the suction mount then attach a GoPro mount ball in the other end. Mine gives me a couple of inches extra on the mount. Pretty sturdy stuff, more so than the stock GoPro stuff!
Highlighted
Tourist