Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
GoPro

Re: Longer Thumbscrew when using Display Mod?

[ New ]

Thank you for the feedback, @robertc75712, @davep18, and @robovs. We will pass this along to the Product team. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Finally this topic got some love! We've been asking for this for six months now. It shouldn't be too complicated to make a lengthier thumscrew and it will facilitate our use of the camera by leaps and bounds!

Hiker

[ New ]

Yeah, me too. My finger tips are done, but don't lose hope. GoPro has a new accessory for that problem. Longnose pliars!

shopping.png
Sightseer

[ New ]
Yep, I'll join the queue - you don't want to have to carry around a screwdriver or allen key just to tighten the thing down. It needs to stick out so that the entire knurled part of the screw is clear of the housing.
Tourist

[ New ]
There is a manufacturer that makes a 47 mm GoPro 9 compatible aluminum screw that works with the orange floaty case. It leaves enough room to tighten easily by hand and finish tightening with a number 4 allen / bike tool wrench vs easily stripping GoPro standard phillips head tightening thumbscrew. This Nnekt screw made it easy to secure GoPro floaty in mount to board fast even with a broken thumb. Attaching pictures. Here is link to the company. I found one screw from a bodyboard store in Hawaii and got it in less than a week was about $22 including shipping. Used at La Jolla Shores this morning with ease vs grief 😀
https://shootknekt.com/product/gopro-screw-kls/
Hiker

[ New ]

@robertc75712 wrote:
There is a manufacturer that makes a 47 mm GoPro 9 compatible aluminum screw. (snip)

47mm is way too short - it needs to be 65mm.  I need one also.  I just finished a pretty thorough internet search (eBay, Amazon, etc) and I was shocked to learn that this guy doesn't exist.  There are a lot of people that are requesting this long thumbscrew to work better with the media mod - just look at this thread GoPro!

Tourist

[ New ]

I'll add my voice to this need for a longer thumbscrew.  65mm would be ideal.

Tourist

[ New ]

I'll chime in here as well voicing support for a longer thumb screw, specifically when using the Media Mod!