Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Hiker

Longer Thumbscrew when using Display Mod?

There are short and long standard GoPro thumbscrews. Is anyone aware of an even longer thumbscrew for when using the Display Mod?  Not the threaded part, but the handle part.  I'm using the traditional GoPro standard long thumbscrew.  But when tightening it hits the bottom of the Display Mod casing.  Please advise.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Longer Thumbscrew when using Display Mod?

Hello, @markdelo. Were you referring to the Media Mod? If so, make sure that the thumbscrew is inserted on the same side as the one-directional mic. See the attached image. The gap should provide enough space for the head of the thumbscrew. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes, the Media Mod.  I was using that side due to the cut out area.  But it still hits and presses up against the bottom of the cam.  That's why I was wondering if there are longer ones available.

Highlighted
GoPro

@markdelo, the long thumbscrew will hit the bottom of the part of the Mod, but it should lock in securely. Is it too loose? You can provide us a photo or video so we can help look into it.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the same question as the thread author.

Even though the media mod has an indentation to accomodate the head of the long standard thumb screw and they don't press/touch too much, we could use an even longer screw because once it is screwed tight, the head goes all the all in and it is not easily acessible to unscrew.

Does a longer than the standard long screw exist? If so, where can I get it? Thanks in advance!