Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Re: Longer Thumbscrew when using Display Mod?

[ New ]
Totally agree. Wake up GoPro and produce one. This is ridiculous.
Can’t screw the Media Mod on any stand correctly.
Tourist

[ New ]

Have GoPro resolved this issue yet? I am having the same problem with my 3BR Powersports Waterproof housing.

Tourist

[ New ]

I too want longer thumbscrews i can use the original thumb screws but i have to use and now carry a cross head screw driver. Pain in the butt when a 10mm longer screw would work just as well.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

I solved it, perfect use on the media module!

But first there must be a 3D printer.
Thanks to Mr. jelbuilder, the creator of the thingiverse website.

20210304_220037.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

20210303_194544.jpg
Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the same issue with using the hero 9 and the floaty for kayaking, need a longer thumb screw!!  At present tightening pre trip with a screwdriver which is not best option.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Nice improvement. However, I am really disappointed in GoPro's lack of testing to assure all related accessories interfacing with a new product work as originally intended. If some do not, at least provide an alternative from the get go instead of relying on user to find issues.

The problem I have, in addition to the thumb scree being to short is, I cannot open the side door unless I back off the thumbscrew a few turns. Poor job GoPro

Sightseer

[ New ]
Also a massive problem with the floaty hero9 attachment for surfing... can’t tighten it enough and every wave pushes it straight down into the board very annoying... having to risk attaching without