Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Hiker

Live streaming with the Max Lens stopped working for now

[ New ]

Hello I already did a few live streams with the Max Lens MOD but today while sitting behind my pc I noticed that it stopped working for one or another reason. I didn't use it together with the media mod the last time only the first time I think. Because I can't take the media mod out onto the water. So what could it be it must be a setting somewhere I hope, I also didn't remove the max lens mod anymore since when I got it. It is still working without live streaming, need to make a quick video to make absolutely 100% sure it still is.

Last thing I did after I live streamed with it is was do a very long wireless testing session, because I always had a gopro hero 4 black after I lost it. I think I remember I could connect gopro and pc wireless without using the app back then. And now I still haven't figured how to do it. The SSID of the gopro seems hidden whatever you try if you don't wake it or whatever the right word was for that again because I already read about it. Anyway it does the trick by doing it with the app till the SSID (wireless name of the gopro wifi) of the gopro becomes visible.

And I figured out that the wireless network chip isn't that slow at all, I thought it was only 72 Mbps, but I managed to make succesfull connections to desktop and phone around 6 times faster 433 Mbps. Althoug taking the card out and physically connect it to the desktop is still much faster, I tried btw a cable between the gopro and my iphone haven't tried yet on android because i got notifications in the quik app about it I thought let's give it a try maybe it is not only for the 10 but maybe we 9 users will get it too eventually ? If it's possible because somewhere on the internet there is already a hero 10 teardown, I wasn't able to compare the USB-C part chips yet there must be a differenc maybe because it's part of the GP chip I think.

I did reset my wirelessnetworking on the gopro, so maybe something else also got a reset. Also you can make a bluetooth connection without any security at all it seems either with an app called light blue or just with the phone's bluetooth. It's security month.

Hiker

Re: Live streaming with the Max Lens stopped working for now

[ New ]

Nevermind the max lens mod in the right bottom corner was disabled, now it is working again.