Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Lens protector removal

[ New ]
I cracked the lens protector on my GoPro Hero 8 and I can’t figure out how I am supposed to remove it so that I can apply a new lens protector.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Lens protector removal

[ New ]

Thanks for the info, @activehero2784. As far as I know, removing a broken Tempered Glass Lens on a GoPro camera can be treated the same way as the ones on smartphones.

What I personally suggest is to use a toothpick to create a gap between the tempered glass protector and the lens, try to lift the lens protector up from each corner. When you can, slowly pull up to remove it. If this does not work, attach a small piece of duct tape to the protector and slowly peel the protector off. Once the protector is off, use a microfiber cloth to wipe the screen clean

Hopefully, this helps.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @activehero2784. I'd like to gather a few more details to make sure that we're on the same page. Which Front Lens Protection are you referring to? See HERO8 Black - Front Lens Protection for more info.

Sightseer

[ New ]
I am referring to the “tempered glass lens and screen protectors“, but I am mostly wondering about the removal of just the lens protector. This is for the Hero 8 black
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the info, @activehero2784. As far as I know, removing a broken Tempered Glass Lens on a GoPro camera can be treated the same way as the ones on smartphones.

What I personally suggest is to use a toothpick to create a gap between the tempered glass protector and the lens, try to lift the lens protector up from each corner. When you can, slowly pull up to remove it. If this does not work, attach a small piece of duct tape to the protector and slowly peel the protector off. Once the protector is off, use a microfiber cloth to wipe the screen clean

Hopefully, this helps.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Thanks!
GoPro

[ New ]

Cool beans, @activehero2784. Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!