Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Lens and Screen Protectors don’t stick on edges

[ New ]
I just got my first GoPro and peeled off the shipping protection and applied the tempered glass lens + screen protectors but they’re not sticking around the edges. I’ve attached pictures.

Did I do something wrong? I have one more set I can try to apply but I don’t want to have wasted $20 on these. :(
6ABB5CBE-D2D1-4CBD-A108-8B76ABD6CB2D.png
Tourist

Re: Lens and Screen Protectors don’t stick on edges

[ New ]
Back side
1433C8CC-E728-4359-A136-00D3985671E6.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @randywalker. If you contact our Support team, they will be able to help you with this matter. To connect with them, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs . Once there, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. You may refer them to this thread for reference on the issue. Thanks!

Hiker

[ New ]
I have the same problem. Mine was on the display in the bottom right corner. I was told by support that I should be able to remove it and re-stick it. They would not send me out a new set. I have just had to deal with it. I know it really sucks because it couldn’t cost that much to replace it.
Tourist

[ New ]
After speaking with 4 separate agents (1st time, my phone reloaded the page and I lost the connection. Second agent just stopped talking to me. Third agent just stopped talking to me), I think I’m getting a replacement sent.
GoPro

[ New ]

@randywalker, thanks for posting back with an update. Please let us know if anything else comes up.

Tourist

[ New ]

I recieved the replacement screen protectors in the mail yesterday but I haven't put them on. I'll let you know how it goes!

Tourist

[ New ]

OK, I've tried once again to apply a screen protector, and once again, it does not adhere around the edges. In the attached image, you can see it along most of the top and at the bottom left where the protector just won't stick to the screen. If I apply pressure there, it sticks briefly but once I release, the protector stops adhering.

What am I doing wrong?? I have one left I can try again with.

IMG_6402.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]

I know exactly what you are going through.  I have the same problem.  I contacted Support and they told me to take it off and re-apply.

I told them I had already tried that with no success. I tried to get them to replace them and they would not.  So I told myself next time I want a set of protectors or something similiar, I will go to Best Buy, at least they will exchange them for another set.  You would think that GoPro would have done the same.  Good Luck.

Tourist

[ New ]
This is the replacement they sent me 🙃