Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Karma grip disable gopro charging

Since there is no answer to this issue, could you, please, update me with the latest news regarding this?

I have additional batteries for my GoPro and don't want to waste the battery of the Grip. There should be a way to disable camera charging by the grip. Is there any plans to fix it?

GoPro

Re: Karma grip disable gopro charging

Hi @voffka,

It is really designed to charge the camera using the grip to extend the battery life of the camera. 

-Jay

Tourist

[ Edited ]

But it is not smart, as was mentioned before (many times). For camera life extension we have battery replacement. And, as I can see, this request is not a new one. Also, there are so many reviews on youtube, mentioning this problem. Thought GoPro should do something about this

GoPro

I understand @voffka,

I already sent your feedback to our team. 

Thanks for raising that. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

I have the same issue for about 2 years, and there is no fix. I think, it is reasonable to place the appropriate feedback on amazon in order to prevent other people to buy this product. Already made this; please, make the same.
Explorer

Take the battery out of the camera.
Explorer

Or start with a fully charged camera battery, then the Grip doesn't need to provide power to charge it.
Explorer

For people who aren't carrying around extra camera batteries, how stupid would it be to have the Grip NOT provide power to the camera battery. If the camera battery dies but the Grip still has power, what good is it?