Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Re: Karma grip disable gopro charging

I just recently purchased a Karma grip; I've been running into this same issue. It would be great if we could choose whether or not to have the Karma grip charge the GoPro camera. I have 3 spare batteries for my camera, and would love to be able toe extend the life of the grip by changing out the camera's battery when it is depleted.

I don't see a reason to not have both power options. It could be accessible by double-pressing the power button.

@graytree76514 could you verify with the team if this would even be possible to change with a firmware update?
GoPro

Hi @mauriciow30620

We'll have this shared to the team in charge.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

@aragon1006 were you able to confirm with the team if this is a possibility, given the existing hardware? I don't mind waiting for the feature. But if it is not possible to implement due to a hardware limitation, I might have to consider returning the product.

GoPro

Hi @mauriciow30620

Sorry but we do not have updates on this at this time.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

Hi,

It *really* is frustrating. Last Saturday I was with Karma Grip + Hero7 black and I should stop filming since the Karma Grip battery was empty. Hero7 was full, as were the two hero7 batteries in my pocket...

🤦🏻‍♂️

Tourist

Try to remove battery from the camera. It game me at least 2 hours of filming.

But in any case , this is very bad solution from GoPro

Sightseer

[ Edited ]

@aragon1006: Is there a better way to stay updated with this feature request? It is very important to me.

GoPro

Hi @mauriciow30620,

As long as you have GoPro App you'll be notified if there is new update for your device. 

Regards,

-Jay