Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Hiker

Karma Grip update adaptor for Hero 8

[ New ]

Hero 8 hypersmooth 2.0 is amazing but it requires good daylight for optimal performance. For those who sometimes use the camera outdoors in low light condition (ex. mountain biking), external stabilization option is still required. I've been using Gopro Karma Grip with Hero 5, 6 and 7 and it's done a great job and I do wish Gopro will develop an updated gimbal (just the top part) for Hero 8.

GoPro

Re: Karma Grip update adaptor for Hero 8

[ New ]

Hi @bikingbadwithtc

Thanks for the feedback. We'll have this shared to the team.

Please continue to check our website for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
Same here hopping GoPro do not let Karma Grip owners down I upgraded my camera from 7 to 8 and now my Karma grip is useless please GoPro I love GoPro, don’t break my heart 😉
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @sweettree5306,

We'll make sure to forward your feedback. 

Just check our website / app or social media pages for future updates. 

-Jay 

Sightseer

[ New ]
Hi all, just thirding the request for a Hero 8 compatible Karma Grip as well.
Tourist

[ New ]

I would also love Karma update to Hero 8. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @piotrbal and @gscottshaw,

I'll forward this to our team. 

-Jay

Tourist

[ New ]

thank you for the post. i am with you on this... i would love to have Karma upgrade to Hero 8. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi guys,
I also have a GoPro8 and would absolutely LOVE to have back the compatibility with karma grip (for the drone to...)

Sightseer

[ New ]

Good day!

Hope everyone in GoPro team as well as GoPro users are feeling well, full of health and happiness in the middle of this crazy situation we are all involved. As a many of fans and Users of GoPro I been using it for long time ago.... but now I'm in a paradox situation, I have use my Karma grip since GoPro 6 then I did upgrade to 7 and I was hoping to get the new one but I found out that all the gear I bought for my 7 it is not compatible anymore, for some of them I don't mind but my Karma Grip! Wow that was a huge issue... just think about this even if the new Pro has a better stabilizing system that the 7 combined with the Grip, it is not that great, meaning you will not be able to manipulate the camera as easily as the Grip... I'm waiting to see that adaptor before I upgrade my camera again... Please please bring back to life the Grip!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Guys!! ive been using gopro for a while as well. I have a gopro 4 black and 7 black. And for the type of shooting i do, i mostly use the karma grip. The hypersmooth is great and i can imagine that the hypersmooth 2.0 for the 8 black is better, but you cant compare the hypersmooth with the karma grip. The gymbal makes the movements look more natural, like a movie. Hypersmooth 2.0 still looks a little wierd to me.  I am literally waiting till gopro makes the 8 compatible with the karma grip to buy the 8. Please gopro dont let us down. 

all i want is the karma grip with 4k, 60 fps, LINEAR MODE (which the 8 now has). 

YOU ARE LOOSING MONEY CAUSE OF THIS!! MAKE IT HAPPEN :). WAITING FOR GOPRO WITH MONEY IN MY HANDS!!!

Tourist

[ New ]

Really hoping to see a Karma adapter for the Hero 8. The Hero 8 HyperSmooth 2.0 has good stabilization for walking around, but is terrible for mountain biking. The Karma Grip works like a charm. I am tempted to bust the casing apart and rig up the Hero8 to the Karma Grip. There are also some 3rd party stabilizers for the Hero 8 that I am temped to try out.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I am bummed....I ordered and received the GoPro 8 black camera, then discovered it was not compatible with the Karma grip. Gopro should have at least informed customers of this isuue before.....Come on Gopro, make an adaptor cage for the Hero 8 Black camera.I want to use my Karma Handle !!! 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Please update the Karma Grip for the 8.

Cheers,

JV

Sightseer

[ New ]

please make an adapter for the hero 8 i want to use it with my drone. dont let us down go pro!!!!

Tourist

[ New ]
Please make an adapter for the Hero 8 camera so it can be used with the Karma grip
Sightseer

[ New ]

Karma Grip adaptor for Hero 8 please! Hypersmooth 2.0 is no doubt awesome, but the Karma grip gimbal means that you can afford the camera and externally stabilized platform to shoot with.

Karma Grip GoPro Hero 8 adaptor, super please!!

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes please!!!
Tourist

[ New ]

Currently using the Hohem iSteady Pro 3 as an alternative.  I feel like GoPro really missed a great opportunity to support their customers  that want the latest and greatest cameras but still want the ability to use older/previously purchased accessories.

Tourist

[ New ]

I will buy the adapter if they come out with one

Tourist

[ New ]

Yeah, If it ever materialised ... I would also buy the GoPro Hero 8 Harness for the GoPro Karma Grip.

Please, can someone make it happen Smiley Happy

Thank You

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi, that is a very good point, I wish that Gopro would also do one for the Hero9. The last time I used it on my hero5 though, it had a bug. As soon as the SD card capacity, goes above 75%, the grip takes longer and longer to switch on until in the end, it stays on 'connecting'.

It is a shame, as I bought the grip especially so it would be fully compatable with the gopro cameras and have no worries. I could have bought another brand, to fit with, other models and makes and cheaper.

Tourist

[ New ]

I would like to find a grip that will work with my Hero 8 and allow single handed control of the basic features (on/off, mode etc). If the Karma grip won't do this, does anybody know a suitable product ? It obviously doesnt need stabilizing

Tourist

[ New ]

Try mounting it on a mountain bike, it definitely benefits from gimbal stabilization.