Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Karma Grip - 4 flashing lights (bottom one read)

Hi all, having used my karma grip (running latest firmware at time of writing) without issue in the UK I arrive in Florida only to find it no longer works, Even after doing a hard reset I get 4 flashing LEDs the bottom one being red.

Can anyone auggest how I trouble shoot this/. Any help greatfully appreciated.

Thank yoiu

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Karma Grip - 4 flashing lights (bottom one read)

Hi @fastjump4875

Our Support Team should be able to arrange/provide you with the best recommendations considering that you are out on a holiday.

Give them a ring or initiate a chat session to check your options. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

We'll try to find a way to help you the best we can. 

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @fastjump4875

Very odd for your Karma grip to suddenly stop working. Based on your description, the Karma Grip maybe in recovery mode and it will help to update the software again. Steps to fix are discussed in detail here.

If the issue persists, our Support team will be able to assist you further. You can call or chat with them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks - I hope to troubleshoot tomorrow (Monday) and will report back.

Highlighted
Hiker

So just an update on this. Having done a manual update the problem still exists. Just to correct a typo in the title - I have one steady Red KED and the the top 3 are flashing at the same time.

Quik recognises the grip and the manual updater does go through the update process but the problem exists afterwards.The graphic below shows the info from the manual updater utility. I'm worried the charge is showing as 0% as it was left on for a full 8 hours

Feeling very frustrated at the moment. Bought this specifically for this holiday and it's let me down having worked OK when used in the UK for testing prior to the trip.

kARMA.PNG
Highlighted
GoPro

Appreciate you going through the suggested steps and for posting back, @fastjump4875. I understand how this is a source of concern, especially that you are going on a holiday.  The grip charging for quite a long time with no progress indicates that there could be something wrong wit the Grip itself. At this time, the best path forward is to engage our Support team. If you contact them via phone or chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs , they will be able to help further. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Hiker

Thanks to everyone who replied...I've had to accept that the grip can not be fixed whilst I am on holiday and therefore it is packed ready to return home. I agree with the PP who suggested it is a fault with the grip itself and I am assuming a hardware fault.

So therefore I will try and contact GoPro on my return to the UK (unless anyone can tell me they can deal with it here in the Orlando area)

Very dissapointed. Although I can still use the GoPro Hero 6 itself I really wanted to have the sabiliser working as well.

Thanks again for your suggestions everyone

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @fastjump4875

Our Support Team should be able to arrange/provide you with the best recommendations considering that you are out on a holiday.

Give them a ring or initiate a chat session to check your options. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

We'll try to find a way to help you the best we can. 

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Ive just talked by phone to support in the UK who think the likely problem is that the USB charger I am using can not deliver the 3A it requires to charge the grip. So now I have to wait until I return to the UK to retest.

The fact that my 20000ma power bank won't charge it either appears to be irrelevant .

So basically - as supplied - this unit is not usable in the USA.