Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Tourist

Is the Smart remote first génération (those with two butons) is compatible with Hero 6

Hello,

I try to link my new GP Hero 6 with my Smart remote first génération (those with two butons), but it does not work. The smart remote can't be paired with the Go Pro. Is the Smart remote first génération is compatible with Hero 6 ?

Thank for your help.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Is the Smart remote first génération (those with two butons) is compatible with Hero 6

Hello @agilehero81881

Yes, the Wi-Fi remote control works with HERO6, just like the Smart remote control.  Check out this thread: https://community.gopro.com/t5/Mounts-Accessories/Hero3-Black-Remote-Controller-Copatibility/td-p/18...

Let us know how it works out for you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Is the Smart remote first génération (those with two butons) is compatible with Hero 6

Thank you for your answer.

I tried to pair the two devices again, like on the support video, but unfortunately the wifi remote can not be paired with the GP Hero 6.

First, i set the two devices in pairing mode.

Then the GP Hero6 detect the wifi remote and display "connected", well !

But, the wifi remote stay in pairing mode, does not detect the camera, and finaly display the flashing wifi icon.

The wifi remote doesn't control the Go Pro.

I tried several times to pairing the two device (i have to reinitialize before the Go Pro connection) but it's always the same scenario : the camera display "connected" but the the wifi remote can't complete the pairing process...

Regards

What should I try to do according to you ?

Highlighted
Explorer

I've successfully paired my Hero6 Black and Original GoPro remote as well as with the Smart Remote. I'm not sure what is going on in your case, but it can be done. It sounds like there is an issue with the remote, but it's worth trying some trouble shooting steps.

With the remote on, Press and hold the Power/Mode button on the remote for about 8 to 10 seconds to reset it. Next, go in the Preferences>Connections on your camera, reset all connections and then try again. If it still doesn't work, try a factory reset of the camera and try again.

If you have another GoPro camera (I assume you do since you have the original remote) make sure it can still pair with that camera. If the remote and camera pair, the issue might be with the Hero6. Reach out to the GoPro Support Team and see if they might be able to assist you https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you for your help,

I tried to reset the Smart Remote and factory reset the camera, but it's still impossible to pair the two equipments.

I have now to test the smart remote with an other GoPro Hero camera asap...

Regards.

Highlighted
Explorer

Sorry to hear it's not working. Best of luck, and do try reaching out to the GoPro Support Team.