Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer

Is the Media Mod waterproof? It says the light attachment is, but doesn't say the Mod is.

[ New ]

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Is the Media Mod waterproof? It says the light attachment is, but doesn't say the Mod is.

[ New ]

@bluesand84130, no, the Media Mod is not waterproof. Using it underwater will damage both your Media Mod and your camera. You can find more information about this accessory here - Media Mod - HERO8 Black.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Is the Media Mod waterproof? It says the light attachment is, but doesn't say the Mod is.

[ New ]

@bluesand84130, no, the Media Mod is not waterproof. Using it underwater will damage both your Media Mod and your camera. You can find more information about this accessory here - Media Mod - HERO8 Black.

Sightseer

[ New ]

@aenriquez thank you. Doesn't make sense to me that the Media Mod is needed to attach the Light Mod to, and the Light Mod advertises that it is waterproof... but the Media Mod isn't then. I mean I get that it isn't because of the microphone... but in the grand scheme this doesn't make sense.  I appreciate the info! Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

@bluesand84130, the Light Mod, itself, is waterproof to 33 feet (10 meters). It can be used separately, or mounted to the Media Mod, or attached to a GoPro mount. Learn more details about the HERO8 Black Mods here - https://gopro.com/en/us/news/hero8-black-max-mods-announce.