Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Hiker

Is it possible to continue editing, after the files was deleted from the phone, but not from cloud?

[ New ]
I edited my videos, but deleted the files from the phone.
Can I continue the editing if the missing files I download from the cloud, or do I have to begin everything from the scratch?
GoPro

Re: Is it possible to continue editing, after the files was deleted from the phone, but not from ...

[ New ]

Hi @gabor66

If you still have the file on the cloud, you can download the file to the app and proceed with the edit.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

Re: Is it possible to continue editing, after the files was deleted from the phone, but not from ...

[ New ]
I tried, but didn't succed.
It seems, that the newly downloaded files couldn't serve as base for continuing editing.
Is there any workaround?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @gabor66. Are you not able to view or access the downloaded media on the app? Are you downloading the raw file/media or an edited story? Do you get a specific error message or notification?

Hiker

[ New ]
Hi @mariustanya,
I have an edited version on the phone. I downloaded the missing source files from the cloud, that I had deleted before. They are stored in the application now. I can run the edited video, as I could before, but when I push the edit icon, I get a message "Missing source media".
However I can edit a new video on the base of newly downloaded source files from the scratch
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @gabor66

Do you still have the clips on the first edit saved on the app?

If not, then that explains the error you are getting.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
@aragon1006 I had deleted the original clips from the app, but later I downloaded them from the cloud.
Despite this I can't modify the already edited footage.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @gabor66

Published/saved edited videos will already be considered as one file.

You will not be able to edit them again if coming from the cloud.

Thanks!

Ej