Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Hiker

Is it possible to continue editing, after the files was deleted from the phone, but not from cloud?

[ New ]
I edited my videos, but deleted the files from the phone.
Can I continue the editing if the missing files I download from the cloud, or do I have to begin everything from the scratch?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Is it possible to continue editing, after the files was deleted from the phone, but not from ...

[ New ]

Hi @gabor66

Published/saved edited videos will already be considered as one file.

You will not be able to edit them again if coming from the cloud.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Is it possible to continue editing, after the files was deleted from the phone, but not from ...

[ New ]

Hi @gabor66

If you still have the file on the cloud, you can download the file to the app and proceed with the edit.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
I tried, but didn't succed.
It seems, that the newly downloaded files couldn't serve as base for continuing editing.
Is there any workaround?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @gabor66. Are you not able to view or access the downloaded media on the app? Are you downloading the raw file/media or an edited story? Do you get a specific error message or notification?

Hiker

[ New ]
Hi @mariustanya,
I have an edited version on the phone. I downloaded the missing source files from the cloud, that I had deleted before. They are stored in the application now. I can run the edited video, as I could before, but when I push the edit icon, I get a message "Missing source media".
However I can edit a new video on the base of newly downloaded source files from the scratch
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @gabor66

Do you still have the clips on the first edit saved on the app?

If not, then that explains the error you are getting.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
@aragon1006 I had deleted the original clips from the app, but later I downloaded them from the cloud.
Despite this I can't modify the already edited footage.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @gabor66

Published/saved edited videos will already be considered as one file.

You will not be able to edit them again if coming from the cloud.

Thanks!

Ej