Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Is There A mount to fix this?

I have a Hero 4. I race go karts and we are not allowed to run our gopro's on our helmets anymore. I have installed it onto the kart, but if you look at the following video it has a lot of vibration from the engine and the track surface. It also messes up the volume. Can I fix this with a mount or do I need to upgrade to a Hero 7 with video stabilizer built into it?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MoCCgPQjce_BCZnJWJsiDfG3Mauwblgi

Wyatt Wolfe Jr

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Is There A mount to fix this?

You can get antivibration mounts but from what I've seen, they just don't do that much good.  Basically no mount in the world is going to work miricles with bouncy vibration filled footage.  You may be able to smooth out some of the footage in a video editor by using a stabilizer, just make sure that you're shooting at 60FPS or faster (below that and you'll just get a "jello" effect).

Other than using expensive gimbals which may not be mountable, getting an actioncam with electronic stabilization may be your best bet.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

Re: Is There A mount to fix this?

You can get antivibration mounts but from what I've seen, they just don't do that much good.  Basically no mount in the world is going to work miricles with bouncy vibration filled footage.  You may be able to smooth out some of the footage in a video editor by using a stabilizer, just make sure that you're shooting at 60FPS or faster (below that and you'll just get a "jello" effect).

Other than using expensive gimbals which may not be mountable, getting an actioncam with electronic stabilization may be your best bet.