Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Highlighted
Hiker

Is HERO9 Black compatible with "Smart Remote"?

Is HERO9 Black compatible with "Smart Remote"?

Can HERO9 Black use "Smart Remote" at the following URL in future firmware updates?

https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/mounts-accessories/smart-remote/ARMTE-002.html

Please let me know.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Is HERO9 Black compatible with "Smart Remote"?

Hello @godv. No, the Smart Remote isn't compatible with the HERO9 Black camera.

Highlighted
Hiker

Thank you for your prompt reply.

OK.

We hope that "Smart Remote" will be available in future firmware updates for HERO9 Black.

Thank you very much.

Highlighted
GoPro

@godv, we have a remote in the works. However, we do not have an ETA on when it will be available. Updates regarding this will be posted on the website as soon as it is available. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Highlighted
Tourist

Rif.: Is HERO9 Black compatible with "Smart Remote"?

prima di fare l'aggiornamento nel menu connessioni c'era la voce go app e smart remote . come ho fatto l'aggiornamento richiesto appena accesa , lo ha fatto ma è rimasto solo goapp mentre smart remote è sparito , spero vivamente che al più presto riescano a fare un aggiornamento compatibile sia con gopro9 e sia con gopro8 perchè io le uso in contemporanea 

Highlighted
Sightseer

If the existing smart remote is not compatible with the hero 9, will a new remote be backwards compatible with older models? I'm already unhappy that the remote is not compatible with my new hero 9 but if I want to keep my 7 or 8 I would like to think I could still Co trol them from a single remote.
Highlighted
Sightseer

I've purchased the smart remote with my Hero 9, can I return if for a refund?

It was listed in with all the other Hero 9 accessories, that's a pity :-(

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Yes, if you purchased from GoPro.com, your order is covered by our 30 day money back guarantee. Our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs can help you if that's what you'd like to do.