Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Mounts + Accessories
Tourist

Is HERO 7's dual battery charger compatible with HERO 8's new battery?

[ New ]

Hi,

I already have a dual battery charger compatible with HERO 7.

Is this same as following item which is included in new battery & battery charger pack?

https://gopro.com/en/jp/shop/mounts-accessories/dual-battery-charger-plus-battery/AJDBD-001-EU.html

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Is HERO 7's dual battery charger compatible with HERO 8's new battery?

[ New ]

Hello @grandcliff7046. The Dual Battery Charger has not changed and will work with both types of batteries. There is more information on battery compatibility here that you may refer to. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

[ New ]
I have a gopro hero 5, and its batterys are able to charge with the hero 7 dual charger, will it be able to charge with the new hero 8 dual charger. I know the hero 6, and hero 7 can, and they have the same battery as the hero 5. But it doesnt mention anything about hero 5 on the product description, is that because it doesnt work, or know one cares about the old cameras.
Nomad

[ New ]

The charger is the same.

Battery has been replaced with a high current load design.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @grandcliff7046. The Dual Battery Charger has not changed and will work with both types of batteries. There is more information on battery compatibility here that you may refer to.